Area 46 Assembly – BTG Committee Meeting Minutes
Saturday, December 5-6, 2020
- Steve V. Host/BTG Chair : Email BTG@nm-AA.org
- Serenity Prayer
- Shared Area 46 BTG Committee Agenda for today (refer to your email attachment) Needs input from District BTG reps for input on these topics discussed today.
- Comment: Zoom meetings are similar to Facebook “Friends.” We want more personal for recovery: Ideas: Chat in Zoom to a newcomer and request phone number and zip code so someone will call that area for meeting info to share with this newcomer.
- BTG Form use: access by nm-AA.org and go to “ Committees – BTG and down load that form.
- Question: How to address the tech availability upon release for inmates : Possibility contact chaplains, PO’s, Probation, meeting guide App; BTG card as intake process (Mesilla Valley Hosp. in LC) however, since Covid not much response from the Treatment Center
- Question: What to do re Bilingual Committee re Spanish speakers. Ideas: Service position for a translator to attend zoom or in person meeting to translate. How to do this?
- Books: Ad Hoc Committee still exploring options of how to distribute: 80% split to Districts according to size of Districts. 20% split to be held in a Book Bank to be distributed within the service structure How used here? Book given to a contact person from BTG Contact list and given @ 1st meet up to present to the newcomer More feedback is needed here from members and PI, CPC (distribute to student nurses, PO’s etc),and District Chairs
- Any Urgent needs needing funding? Ideas: update translation technology; $ for pamphlets for newly released/newcomers; rubber stamps for each District to stamp each pamphlet which tells them where to send the client contact info; Rent a PO box @ Area or District level; Create data bases or rebuild the web site entirely to include more comprehensive data for each committee regarding sources such as Chaplains,PO’s, etc. regarding BTG info which will be a billable charge to do this data base (4hrs for each committee) and billable hours to rebuild the website; Meeting in a Pocket pamphlet (no longer available to order) re: Area Corrections Chair Jimmy- suggested $600 to print 1,000 pamphlets: Pamphlet says it is Conference Approved and was first used by a South Carolina group…Jimmy states it’s ok to reprint as long as nothing is changed – Includes: the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions, meetings sayings, Serenity Prayer and page for AA contact numbers; handy visual to keep close and refer to after the meeting as well
- BTG Contact list and a blank application requesting to be put on the Contact List: email Steve for this @ btg@nm-AA.org
- End of meeting and Responsibility Statement
El Faralito Reports
|Bridging the GapA Newcomer Asks|