Welcome to District 12!
If you have questions about District 12 activities, have suggestions, or would like more information,
Upcoming Events and Announcements
Next district meeting: Saturday April 11th @ 10:15
Only Available Thru Video Teleconference. NO meeting at the Heights Club.
ZOOM meeting ID: 966-013-794
ZOOM link: https://zoom.us/j/966013794
See NM-AA.org’s list of ONLINE meetings or check out AlbuquerqueAA.org’s list under the “cancelled meetings and changes” section for meeting updates as well as links to VIRTUAL meetings!!
Suggestions for holding meetings Re: COVID 19
Suggestions from the March district meeting: Each group is autonomous in deciding what they will do. Contact your church to see if it is still open. Many churches will be closed and we will need to find other locations or modalities to hold our meetings. Social distancing is recommended in order to prevent the spread of COVID19. If you are meeting, please review CDC recommendations.
Discussion of options included: Possibly meeting outdoors, Our biggest suggestion is group video teleconference or phone conferencing. There are multiple platforms such as Skype, Google hangouts, ZOOM, among others. This is not an endorsement of any these services, just informational.
Here are some suggestions for setting up virtual meetings copied from: https://www.seattleaa.org/suggested-resources-for-setting-up-a-temporary-online-meeting
Suggestions for Hosting Virtual Meetings
- Please log in 15 minutes early to start the meeting room and offer technical assistance.
- Everyone should mute their phone unless they want to share, or want to interject a laugh or other nondisruptive sound.
- If you giving/chairing Zoom meetings, or you know someone who is, here are some tips to turn off screen sharing. Evidently trolls have figured out how to disrupt online Zoom meetings and the article below shows you how to turn this feature off. https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/17/zoombombing/
- If two people try to share at the same time, the facilitator or chairperson can break the tie if needed.
- Due to lag in conference calls, it’s probably best to have one person lead the opening/closing prayers. Otherwise, a hilarious discord will ensue. (Same goes for intros for new people)
To maintain online anonymity, default settings within Zoom need to be changed.
The default Zoom settings run counter to AA’s spiritual foundation of anonymity. The meetings are publicly accessible and full names and faces are often displayed. Additionally, by default, all Zoom meetings are recorded to the cloud. Turning that feature off is simple, fortunately.
There are other settings in the Meeting subtab that can also be adjusted, such as disallowing remote control of devices, file transfer, data sharing with Zoom, and screen sharing.
Here are some suggested settings for your meeting to use. Please note that most, if not all, of the settings below are not the Zoom default:
Go to: Settings > Recording and click off the Local and Cloud recording features.
In the Zoom Settings section, under the Meeting subtab:
- Require Encryption for Third-Party Endpoints
- Disable Autosaving chats
- Disable File transfer
- Disable Feedback to Zoom
- Disable Screen sharing
- Disable desktop/screen share for users
- Disable Remote control
- Allow Virtual background (this is the Zoom default and allows the user to use a virtual background instead of the inside of their apartment, for example)
In the Zoom Settings section, under the Recording subtab:
- Disable Local recording
- Disable Cloud recording
- Disable Automatic recording
If you are interested in any service positions, or just want to learn more about the business side of district 12, please check out our DIP link above!
Change Forms Important Info
If your home group is in district 12 and has NOT yet updated your group change form, PLEASE contact DCM at email listed above ASAP. Your group may not be receiving important information from the district, area, and GSO! The DCM and alt-DCM are working to attend all the groups within the district, but much of the contact info we have is outdated and we have been unable to reach all the groups.
District 12 Monthly Business Meeting
When: the second Saturday of each month at 10:15am
Our district meeting is open to everyone in district 12! You do not have to be a GSR or Committee Chair to attend. We welcome newcomers to AA service. It’s a great way to show gratitude for this wonderful gift of sobriety.
Our Trusted Servants
DCM – Stephanie M.
Alt-DCM – Phil M.
Secretary – Ira G.
Treasurer – Greg S.
Committee Chairs and Representatives
Accessibilities- Jaclyn S.
Bridge the Gap – Jeff B.
CPC/PI – Osha H.
Treatment – Chance G.
Intergroup Rep. – Jim B.
Open position: Archives, Corrections, Grapevine, Literature, Webchair, Young People
Interested in serving as a committee chair? Please attend our next meeting or contact DCM for more info!
We met on 2/29/20 to discuss some of the agenda items for the 70th General Service Conference in New York. Thank you to all who attended. We reviewed our assigned item, as well as a few others. There was a lively discussion and I think we all learned something. Our Alt-DCM, Phil, helped us trial the use of ZOOM (video conference software). We will be trying it out again for our next district conscience in a couple of weeks. Please email DCM if you would like a copy of the minutes from the meeting at email@example.com
Safety Workshop Co-hosted by Districts 12 & 13- January 2019
- The Safety Workshop hosted by Districts 12 and 13 was well-attended and covered many topics. The literature available for the workshop is still available by contacting Stephanie M. at StephaniesAAemail@gmail.com. There is also a list of Conference approved Literature available.
- Click to Open Safety Related Literature
- Audio recording of the Safety Workshop:
Donations to District 12
Mail to: District 12 P.O. Box 20238 Albuquerque, NM 87154-0238
Thanks for visiting our page!