Albuquerque (Northeast) • Cedar Crest • Edgewood • Sandia Crest
To see district boundaries within the city of Albuquerque, click on the map.
If you have questions about District 12 activities, have suggestions, or would like more information, please email Jeff B., DCM, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of District 12 is to carry the message to the still suffering alcoholic. At monthly district meetings we discuss ways our groups are doing this and join together to carrying the message in ways individual groups might have difficulty doing alone. If groups are having trouble, we share our experience, strength and hope and look for ways to support each other. We also participate in Area 46 (New Mexico) activities and support our Area Delegate by helping them prepare for the annual General Service Conference.
Monthly District Meeting
2nd Saturday of the month at @ 10:15 AM
ZOOM meeting ID: 966-013-794
Our district meeting is open to everyone in District 12! Every group in the district is invited to send a General Service Representive (GSR) to represent the group at each district meeting. However, you don’t have to be a GSR to attend. We welcome newcomers to AA service. It’s a great way to learn more about A.A., practice the principles and show gratitude for this wonderful gift of sobriety.
Mail 7th Tradition Contributions to:
P.O. Box 20238
Albuquerque, NM 87154-0238
ARC Pamphlet Completed! The District 12 Accessibilities & Remote Communities (ARC) Committee developed a tool to assist seniors and others who cannot regularly attend in-person A.A. meetings. A printed pamphlet (pictured at left) is being distributed to all long-term care facilities in the district. A digital version is available here for you to read and share!
If you would like to get involved in this or similar projects, contact the ARC Committee Chairperson at d12ARC.email@example.com.
District Trusted Servants
|· DCM||Jeff B.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|· Alternate DCM||Robert S.||d12AltDCM.email@example.com|
|· Treasurer||Greg S.||d12Treasurer.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|· Accessibilities & Remote Communities||Jaclyn S.||d12ARC.email@example.com|
|· Bridge the Gap||Elayne B.||d12BTG.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|· Cooperation with the Professional Community /
|· El Farolito Rep||Open|
|· Grapevine||Kathy F.||d12Grapevine.email@example.com|
|· Intergroup Representative||Jim B.||d12IGRep.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|· Treatment||Chance C.||d12Treatment.email@example.com|
|· Young People||Open|
Interested in serving as a committee chair? Please attend our next meeting or contact our DCM for more info!
If you are interested in serving on a committee that already has a chairperson, simply contact the committee chairperson and ask them how you can get involved!
Groups that Meet in District 12
|Group Name||GSR/Group Contact||Notes|
|· 12 Step Study in 12 Weeks||Not registered*|
|· 12-30 at Six Group||Bo M||Temp. Not Meeting|
|· AA Group||Not registered*|
|· AA Study Group||Not registered*|
|· AA Way of Life||Cheryl R (GC)||Temp. Not Meeting|
|· Acceptance Group||Not registered*|
|· Albuquerque Freethinkers Group||Not registered*|
|· Breakfast Club||Not registered*|
|· Brown Baggers Group||Scott E|
|· Conscious Contact||Temp. Not Meeting|
|· Dark Side of Young People||Amy K (GC)|
|· Dog on the Roof Group||Matt N.|
|· Dry Nooners Group||Wendy C.|
|· Foothills Group||Debra W.|
|· Friday Night Smokeless Group||Chuck C|
|· Goodfellas Group||Jim B|
|· Group 164 and More||Stephen F||Reg. in D-13|
|· Happy Destiny||Listed as Inactive*|
|· Happy Hour Group||Emmett P|
|· It’s In the Book!||Not registered*|
|· Lone Rangers Men’s Stag Group||Jerry K.|
|· Monday Night Men’s||Not registered*|
|· Munch-A-Bunch||Not registered*|
|· Native Evening||Not registered*|
|· Promises Group||Steve G||Temp. Not Meeting|
|· Saturday Sober Group||Not registered*|
|· SOS Monday Night Mens Group||Chuck C|
|· Spark of Light||Listed as Inactive*|
|· Spiritual Awakenings Group||Hasim Z||Temp. Not Meeting|
|· Strange Mental Blank Spots||Robert S.|
|· Sublime||Not registered*|
|· Sunday Night Young People’s Group||Gabriel R.|
|· Sunrise Sobriety||Tom T|
|· Survivors Group||Not to be listed||Reg. in D-13|
|· The Turning Point||Not registered*|
|· Three Legacies Group||Ted H||Temp. Not Meeting|
|· Weekday Warriors||Aaron P|
|· Women On Wednesday (WOW)||Robyn C|
|CEDAR CREST Meetings|
|· Friday Night Live||Not registered*|
|· Penny Lane Group||Michael B.|
|· Sprituality Without Borders||Patrice K|
|· Cottonmouth Group||Tracy C|
|· Edgewood Valley Group||Listed as Unknown*|
|· Old 66 Group||Listed as Inactive*|
|· Upon Awakening||Don D|
|· Women’s Work||Carol T|
|· High Country Group||Mary H||Located in D-13 but registered in D-12|
|*If your group is listed as “not registered,” “unknown,” or “inactive,” see the Group Information Forms section below.
**The village of Tijeras is located in District 13.
Note: All Spanish-language groups meeting in District 12 participate in District 17.
Group Information Forms — Important Info
For REGISTERED groups: Have you recently changed your GSR or Group Contact? If so, your group may not be receiving important information from the district, area, and GSO! If your home group is listed as “unknown” or “inactive” then you definitely need to fill out a group change form. PLEASE contact our DCM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For NEW or UNREGISTERED groups: There are 17 A.A. groups in District 12 that are not registered. There is no question that your group is helping to carry the message, but is your group connected to A.A. as a whole? Could receiving information from GSO, Area 46 or District 12 help your group members learn more about what A.A. is doing to carry the message around the world, in New Mexico and in Albuquerque and the East Mountains AND how they might get involved in some of those efforts? PLEASE contact our DCM at email@example.com to complete a new group form and get your group connected to A.A.
District Information Pamphlet (DIP)
The DIP contains the basic policies and procedures used for the operations of our district. If you are interested in any service positions, or just want to learn more about the business side of District 12, please check out our DIP link below! We also recommend you refer to the A.A. Service Manual for a better understanding of the A.A. service structure used throughout the United States and Canada.
Suggestions for Workshops: District 12 is always looking for workshop ideas from our groups. If your group would like the district to organize a workshop on a particular topic, please have your GSR bring your ideas to the next district meeting, or contact our DCM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Workshop: Understanding the AA Service Structure (How we Carry the Message and What it Means to the Group)
Thanks to all who attended and participated in the workshop on 2/20/21.
Joint Events with District 13:
Online Event: Staying Connected in AA While Social Distancing
Thank you for everyone who attended the workshop on 4/18/20. We had 30 AAs in attendance. Workshop opened with introduction of planning committee members and chair explained the format of the workshop. Our technology chair used the “breakout room” zoom feature to separate all participants into eight , 3-4 person groups. Each groups was give 3-4 questions to discuss with a focus on remaining connected: within the fellowship, through the steps and traditions, and through sponsorship and our responsibility statement with the fellowship, based on the steps and traditions. After a brief break, all participants returned to the main ZOOM room to report on their groups discussion. The Q&A content of the group discussion can be found at the link below:
AA GSO COVID-19 updates: https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/update-on-covid-19-coronavirus
Considerations from NJ Intergroup: https://nnjaa.org/intergroup/pdf/In_Person_Group_Considerations.pdf
Is your group considering re-opening?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
for our groups to consider
- Has your home group scheduled a group conscience or business meeting to consider resuming face-to-face meetings?
- Is your group familiar with the latest CDC, state and federal regulations regarding gatherings (such as wearing masks, meeting size limits, social distancing)?
- Has your group had a discussion with its landlord to learn if it will be allowed to resume meetings and if so with what guidelines?
- Will your group provide hospitality service?
- Will your group provide supplies, such as hand sanitizer and masks?
- Will the group institute new protocols for cleaning/disinfecting common surfaces?
- If a literature meeting, will your group share literature between members?
- Will your group expand the Greeter’s role? Create new service jobs?
- Has the group discussed concerns around the common handling of the basket, secretary book, bookie calendar, chips, tickets, pamphlets, etc?
- Does the group have access to additional rooms for overflow or an alternative space?
- If the group typically attracts more attendees than can now be accommodated with the new restrictions, how will it handle this challenge?
- What will the group do at the point it reaches its capacity as defined in the latest regulations?
- Has the group considered how it will respond if requested to cooperate with health department contact tracing efforts?
- Has the group considered not reopening its in-person meeting until such time as it can meet unrestricted?
- Has your group considered how its actions and decisions could affect other groups or AA as a whole?
- If your group has been meeting on a virtual platform, will those meetings continue in any form after the group reopens?
- Are there ways to combine face-to-face meetings and virtual meetings as one?
- Has your group discussed its processes for accepting contributions? Electronic contributions options? Making contributions in keeping with its group conscience?
Safety Workshop Co-hosted by Districts 12 & 13- January 2019
- The Safety Workshop hosted by Districts 12 and 13 was well-attended and covered many topics. The literature available for the workshop is still available by contacting Stephanie M. at StephaniesAAemail@gmail.com. There is also a list of Conference approved Literature available.
- Click to Open Safety Related Literature
- Audio recording of the Safety Workshop:
Thanks for visiting our page! We hope to see you at a district meeting, workshop or other district event SOON!!!