Welcome to District 12!
Our next regular District 12 meeting will be on Saturday, August 11, 2018 10:15AM at the Heights Club
Join us for a “General Service Structure 101 Workshop
and The Delegate’s Report –
The 68th General Service Conference by Teresa J. Area 46 Delegate
Refreshments will be provided!
Saturday, August 4, 2018
1:30PM – 4:00PM
The Heights Club
8520 Marble Ave. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
See Flyer: Delegates Report Flyer August 20187
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We have openings for two Committee Chairpersons; Literature and Accessibilities. If you’re interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to our August meeting – Thanks
Literature Committee Chair
The Literature Chair provides information concerning A.A.-approved literature by providing catalogs and ordering information to groups. They may also use the literature during district meetings to help GSRs inform groups about the wide range of A.A. approved literature.
- Encouraged to attend all district meetings and perform the acts and duties customary to this office
- Make a monthly report at all district meetings
- Attend the Area Assembly Literature meetings and workshops, if possible, and report back at the district’s monthly meeting
- Inform groups and individual A.A. members in District 12 of the availability of, changes to, and the benefits to be gained from conference-approved literature
- Provide conference approved literature displays at District 12 events, and encourage and assist in the provision of conference approved literature displays at other A.A. events and group meetings in the district
- Follow A.A. guidelines as printed and released by the GSO
Ad-hoc Accessibilities Committee Chair
This position is still being defined in our District Information update. This committee’s goal is to help increase awareness in making A.A. in our district available to everyone who has a desire to quit drinking. There are tools developed to help groups identify their own accessibility strengths and weaknesses, and a lot of literature and resources to bring awareness of the needs of hearing-impaired, mobility challenged, blind/visually impaired, home-bound and more.
If you are interested in helping make our District groups, meetings and events more accessible and welcoming to the alcoholic who still suffers please consider volunteering for this important position THANKS!
These are our committee Chair people:
- Archives – Leela
- Bridge the Gap – Kimberly K.
- CPC/PI – Bruce B.
- Corrections – Debra W.
- Grapevine – Linda
- Literature -open
- Treatment – Louie B.
- Intergroup Rep. – Bruce B.
- Elf Rep – Kris Z.
- Web – Susan W.
- Young Peoples – Emily G./ Gabriel R.
- Ad-hoc Accessibilities – Still Open
Our trusted servants are:
1) DCM – Danny F.
2) Alt-DCM – Alice M.
3) Secretary – Stephanie M.
4) Treasurer – Mike L.
Our District meeting is open to everyone! You do not have to be a GSR or Committee Chair to attend and we welcome newcomers to AA service.
It’s a great way to show gratitude for this wonderful gift of sobriety.
2nd Saturday of each month at 10:15 a.m. Next Meeting: August 11, 2018
Donations to District 12 may be sent to:
P.O. Box 20238
Albuquerque, NM 87154-0238