Welcome to District 12!
See below under past events for the Q&A responses
from our most recent workshop on Staying Connected in AA While Social Distancing
Upcoming Events and Announcements
Next district meeting
Saturday July 11th @ 1015am
ZOOM meeting ID: 966-013-794
ZOOM link: https://zoom.us/j/966013794
Delegate’s Report D12/D13
Delegate: Bill L
July 25th 1-3pm
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Meeting ID: 896-7235-9616
Is your group considering re-opening?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
for our groups to consider
- Has your home group scheduled a group conscience or business meeting to consider resuming face-to-face meetings?
- Is your group familiar with the latest CDC, state and federal regulations regarding gatherings (such as wearing masks, meeting size limits, social distancing)?
- Has your group had a discussion with its landlord to learn if it will be allowed to resume meetings and if so with what guidelines?
- Will your group provide hospitality service?
- Will your group provide supplies, such as hand sanitizer and masks?
- Will the group institute new protocols for cleaning/disinfecting common surfaces?
- If a literature meeting, will your group share literature between members?
- Will your group expand the Greeter’s role? Create new service jobs?
- Has the group discussed concerns around the common handling of the basket, secretary book, bookie calendar, chips, tickets, pamphlets, etc?
- Does the group have access to additional rooms for overflow or an alternative space?
- If the group typically attracts more attendees than can now be accommodated with the new restrictions, how will it handle this challenge?
- What will the group do at the point it reaches its capacity as defined in the latest regulations?
- Has the group considered how it will respond if requested to cooperate with health department contact tracing efforts?
- Has the group considered not reopening its in-person meeting until such time as it can meet unrestricted?
- Has your group considered how its actions and decisions could affect other groups or AA as a whole?
- If your group has been meeting on a virtual platform, will those meetings continue in any form after the group reopens?
- Are there ways to combine face-to-face meetings and virtual meetings as one?
- Has your group discussed its processes for accepting contributions? Electronic contributions options? Making contributions in keeping with its group conscience?
AA GSO COVID-19 updates: https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/update-on-covid-19-coronavirus
Considerations from NJ Intergroup: https://nnjaa.org/intergroup/pdf/In_Person_Group_Considerations.pdf
If you are interested in any service positions, or just want to learn more about the business side of district 12, please check out our DIP link above!
Change Forms Important Info
If your home group is in district 12 and has NOT yet updated your group change form, PLEASE contact DCM at email listed above ASAP. Your group may not be receiving important information from the district, area, and GSO! The DCM and alt-DCM are working to attend all the groups within the district, but much of the contact info we have is outdated and we have been unable to reach all the groups.
District 12 Monthly Business Meeting
When: the second Saturday of each month at 10:15am
Our district meeting is open to everyone in district 12! You do not have to be a GSR or Committee Chair to attend. We welcome newcomers to AA service. It’s a great way to show gratitude for this wonderful gift of sobriety.
Our Trusted Servants
DCM – Stephanie M. (moving to Portland soon!)
Alt-DCM – Phil M.
Secretary – Jeff B.
Treasurer – Greg S.
Committee Chairs and Representatives
Accessibilities- Jaclyn S.
Bridge the Gap – Elayne C.
CPC/PI – Osha H.
Grapevine- Kathy F.
Treatment – Chance G.
Intergroup Rep. – Jim B.
Open position: Archives, Corrections, Literature, Webchair, Young People
Interested in serving as a committee chair? Please attend our next meeting or contact DCM for more info!
ZOOM Event: Staying Connected in AA While Social Distancing
Thank you for everyone who attended the workshop on 4/18/20. We had 30 AAs in attendance. Workshop opened with introduction of planning committee members and chair explained the format of the workshop. Our technology chair used the “breakout room” zoom feature to separate all participants into eight , 3-4 person groups. Each groups was give 3-4 questions to discuss with a focus on remaining connected: within the fellowship, through the steps and traditions, and through sponsorship and our responsibility statement with the fellowship, based on the steps and traditions. After a brief break, all participants returned to the main ZOOM room to report on their groups discussion. The Q&A content of the group discussion can be found at the link below:
We met on 2/29/20 to discuss some of the agenda items for the 70th General Service Conference in New York. Thank you to all who attended. We reviewed our assigned item, as well as a few others. There was a lively discussion and I think we all learned something. Our Alt-DCM, Phil, helped us trial the use of ZOOM (video conference software). We will be trying it out again for our next district conscience in a couple of weeks. Please email DCM if you would like a copy of the minutes from the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety Workshop Co-hosted by Districts 12 & 13- January 2019
- The Safety Workshop hosted by Districts 12 and 13 was well-attended and covered many topics. The literature available for the workshop is still available by contacting Stephanie M. at StephaniesAAemail@gmail.com. There is also a list of Conference approved Literature available.
- Click to Open Safety Related Literature
- Audio recording of the Safety Workshop:
Donations to District 12
Mail to: District 12 P.O. Box 20238 Albuquerque, NM 87154-0238
Thanks for visiting our page!